Water Resources Project Manager
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is a fully integrated environmental consulting firm committed to supporting sustainable development through responsible environmental stewardship. We are seeking a Water Resources Project Manager in our San Francisco, CA office.
This position is responsible for managing a variety of water resources projects including multidisciplinary planning projects, water supply projects, groundwater sustainability planning projects, and leading business development initiatives to grow work in the region. Our successful candidate must have proven experience managing large water resources planning or infrastructure projects and in-depth knowledge of permitting processes at the state and federal level. The ideal candidate will have established relationships in the water resources sector within California and a water resources technical background.
· Manage a variety of water resources projects including multidisciplinary planning projects, water supply projects, and groundwater sustainability planning projects.
· Manage technical staff and provide expertise for state and federal permitting including CEQA EIRs and NEPA EAs and EISs.
· Provide QA/QC for technical work products and deliverables.
· Coordinate and negotiate with Federal and State Agencies as related to writing and reviewing permit applications.
· Meet with project developers, owners/operators, and public agencies to generate leads and develop new business opportunities.
· Lead proposal efforts to support water resources business development.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Water Resources Engineering, Geology or a related discipline; Master’s Degree preferred
· 10+ years of experience managing large ($500k+) water resources projects including water supply infrastructure projects, ground and surface water investigations and/or multidisciplinary planning projects.
· Technical experience related to water resources engineering, hydrologic studies and analyses, and/or surface or groundwater modeling.
· Management and preparation of large, complex documents, including EIRs/EISs for water resource projects and watershed resource plans and assessments.
· Applied experience in compliance with key environmental laws and regulations including NEPA, CEQA, ESA, CESA, California Fish and Wildlife Code, and CWA
· Established relationships with state water agencies, municipal utilities districts, commercial entities and/or water supply agencies.
· Experience with public outreach and agency consultation; environmental consulting experience preferred.
· Excellent project management, business development, leadership, technical writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
· Strong organizational, analytical, and strategic planning skills with attention to detail and a high quality of work in a pressure environment.
· Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, disciplines, and experts including senior management, clients, and other departments
· Ability to travel to support business needs
E & E is its people. We are a knowledge based culture with an integrated staff of more than 85 scientific and engineering disciplines – a group of innovators who pave the way in implementing environmental solutions. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment, with a competitive benefits package. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.